The “Paleotime” fossil fair of November 11th 2018 is an organisation of HONA vzw, the forum “Fossiel.Net” and the Paleobiologische Kring.
- Registration and set up : between 08:00 and 10:00.
- Visitors : non-stop from 10:00 am till 17:00.
- Break up : from 17:00.
Access for the visitors: Free
The fossil fair takes place in Wijgmaal, a municiplaity of Leuven (Louvain) located in the middle of Belgium. The proximity of several higways makes this location easily reachable.
The address is : “Remy-site”, Remylaan 4b, 3018 Wijgmaal (Leuven), Belgium
HONA vzw, the forum “Fossiel.Net” and the Paleobiologische Kring organise this event together. Both amateurs and professional paleotologists are welcome. Each participant engages himself to exchange information about the determination, literature, collecting sites, preparation, etc. Paleotime is a fair from and for amateurs: pure commercial traders are not welcome. The organisation asks to follow these principles:
- To meet in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- To emphasize the exchange of information on identification, literature, collecting sites and preparation techniques.
- Stimulate the exchange activity (before sales)
- To sell at democratic prizes.
- The organisation can, at any time, change the place, date and opening hours.
- Exhibitors should register at forehand using the online registration form. Registrations can be canceled by the organizsation.
- Exhibitors should follow the instructions of the ogrganisation.
- any offered object should always be accompanied with a label providing data about determination, stratigraphy, age and collecting site.
- The organisation declines all responsability in case of theft, damage or accidents. Each exhibitor should follow the legal rules concerning import and trade.
- In case of dispute, the organisation decides.
- Not allowed :
- Objects not belonging or linked to the paleontology or the geology;
- Minerals and rocks
- Archeological artefacts;
- Juwels, all kinds of schmuck, polished stones, healing stones;
- All recent material including shells and corals, protected animals and plants. It is however allowed to display some didatic material. ;
- Allowed :
- Fossils, allways accompanied with a label providing data about determination, stratigraphy, age and collecting site;
- Books about fossils and geology;
- Material for preparation and conservation;
- Material for collection managment like boxes, labels, databases, etc.
- Didactic casts of fossils only if explicately indicated ;
- Replicas of prehistoric animals;
- Cut or polished fossils for didactic means only.
It is very easy to register as an exhibitor: Just fill in your data in the following form: